Benefits for parents when booking a home tutor rather than using a tuition centre:
1. Your child is in familiar surroundings where they feel at their most relaxed and comfortable and therefore ready to learn. Home is their 'safe space' so they will more feel comfortable when having a go at some tricky concepts without feeling embarrassed about maybe making a mistake in front of their classmates or fellow tuition pupils if working at a centre.
2. No extra drop offs and pick ups when you're already busy maybe with other children.
3. Your child gets an hour's 1:1 support without having to work alongside other pupils who may also be struggling and may get more of the teacher's input than your child.
4. No distractions or disruptions from other pupils.
5. Home tuition also offers your child the advantage of 'pre-learning' which is when they cover a concept with their tutor before it is covered in class, which therefore puts your child at an advantage when the topic does crop up. They will grow in confidence as they already know how to tackle the particular concept.
Also, online tuition seems to be gaining in popularity, and whilst this might suit some older pupils, here at Gold Star we believe that you build up a much better working relationship with your pupil by being face to face with them and being able to offer little incentives and rewards for hard work like stickers for primary age pupils.
If you've been thinking lately that your child would benefit from some home tuition (especially before SATs or GCSEs) please get in touch by either using the contact us form on this page or emailing Samantha@goldstartutors.co.uk